Thursday, October 17, 2013

5 foods I should NEVER have in my house

This could have been a Facebook post, but really, do my 724 FB friends want to be "forced' to read about my dysfunctional relationship with food? This way I figure you the reader have assumed all the risk by choosing to read this blog.


1. Oreos
When Dan quit drinking I said I'd give up Oreos. I suppose this really isn't an eye for an eye. Had I said I would give up all cookies that would have been the same thing. Nevertheless, I gave up Oreos. For life. I may honestly have a harder time not eating Oreos than Dan does not drinking. A study came out recently that said Oreos are as addictive as crack. Tell me something I don't know.


2. Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
I. Can't. Stop. Myself. when these bad boys are around. If I don't have the actual thing, I've been known to find chocolate and dip it right into the jar of peanut butter. Maybe I shouldn't keep chocolate and peanut butter around to boot?


3. Cheddar and Sour Cream Baked! Ruffles
The exclamation point is in there to emphasize how quickly I can consume these. Poof! The bag is gone before I realize it. I justify this by thinking at least they're baked. However, one serving is 3 Weight Watchers points. The whole bag contains 6 servings. Do the math and that's 18 points. I only get 26 points per day. HUGE problem.


4. Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn
If you're a friend from back in my Frontier days you will A, remember this and B, have the same problem. (I'm talking to you Angel and Julie!) I am not sure what it is specifically about this popcorn that is so addictive, but I'm convinced it may actually contain crack.


5. Toffee
Butter and brown sugar. Is there really anything else to say about this???


What foods make you forget to hit the stop button? I'd love to hear so I can add those to my "10 foods I can't keep around" list! 

3 comments:

  1. Ohh you make me giggle! Chocolate!!!!! I can not keep it around the house! Salted Caramel with Dark Chocolate is my new favorite obsession!! Remember life is short and every so often I indulge (who am I kidding I have been known to eat an entire bag of Dove)! Have a fabulous Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teena... Salted caramel ANYTHING would make my list! YUM!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. M & M's are like potato chips - NO ONE can eat just one! LOL Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete